Growing a beard can be a daunting task. It requires a lot of patience and you might not get exactly what you want. You might be hoping for a lush, long, Jo Black mane, but end up with bum fluff that is patchy or out of control.
Here are a few tips to help you through the growing phase:
- Keep your beard clean by using a good beard shampoo.
- Initially you will have a lot of itch. It is important to use sulfate free products enhanced with Aloe Vera to limit irritation and to sooth the skin.
- Use a good quality beard serum to keep the beard hair soft and flexible. You can apply it all the way down the hair shaft to moisturize the skin.
- Keep your beard neat with a good beard comb or brush.
- It helps to have mustache wax at hand to tame any flyaways. Don’t pull them out. It will make the patchiness worse and can permanently damage the hair follicle.
- Schedule an appointment with a qualified barber to shape your beard to suit the shape of your face.
Invest in good quality beard products. It will make the growing of a lush mane much easier.